Could the sugar tax send my glucose levels tumbling?
From April 2018, a sugar tax will be applied to sugary soft drinks. As a reult, drinks such as Lucozade are reducing their sugar content approximately 50%.
The implications if you have diabetes
Due to new formulations, you'll now have to consume more these drinks to receive the same amount of glucose. It could also lead to doubt over the amount of glucose you'll be absorbing.
Get your glucose levels just right. GLUCOGEL delivers a precise, measured dose of glucose when you choose, and when you may need it most. They contain no nasty stuff and are available in a choice of format.
It won’t always be clear if and when companies have reduced the sugar content of their food or drinks, and they may not publicise any changes. When a company changes the sugar content, there may be a time when both old and new recipes of the same product are on sale at the same time, as the old recipe sells out.
- GlucoGel® contains measured, fast-acting glucose to help rapidly raise blood sugar levels
- The convenient single use, triple pack tubes are easy to carry, easy to use and easy to swallow
- GlucoGel® is free from artificial colours, sweeteners, caffeine and gluten, and is suitable for both vegetarian and vegan diets
- NICE recommends GlucoGel® for the treatment of hypoglycaemia.
- Available in two sizes - 80g: exactly 32g of gloucose per bottle and 3 x 25g tubes: exactly 10g of glucose per tube.
Request More Information
Healthcare professional educational materials, patient support materials and product information.